Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Back from Nepal!

Well, I returned from Nepal on October 29 and hit the ground running- end of GPS' Robin Hood, fair trade home parties, Normal Palooza- it's been a busy 2 weeks! I had access to internet just a couple of times and so was unable to post anything. This trip was so different from our trip in May, but once again I came back encouraged by what is happening in Nepal to fight human trafficking. It is an honor to play a tiny part in the work there. Being able to meet the women really makes selling products at World Next Door so personal and real. It really is making a difference! These girls are being loved and treated with dignity and respect- some for the first time in their lives. We ate together, laughed, and danced! Even with the language barrier, it was a great time. Visit our website here to see some of the hats and scarves I brought back. I would love to post pictures of their smiling faces but because of security issues when it comes to trafficking, I can't post them on the internet. Here are a few though of Nepal.



The girls made flower necklaces to greet us with on our first day at the halfway house.





Some school kids that later that night danced for us. I couldn't find my dad and I went outside and they had placed him in a chair in the middle of a crowd and were dancing for him. So fun!








These are houses on the cliff next to a river. There are
little girls climbing down the ladders with buckets to get their water. The bottom picture shows it better.











Getting product ready to come home













We were in the mountains the second half of the trip- my dad was a part of a medical clinic. It was harvest time so everywhere we went we saw "walking haybales". People in Nepal can carry anything!















The mountains in Nepal are breathtakingly beautiful.












No comments: