Friday, May 8, 2009

The Market with La Paz

So, I'm definitely late in posting this, but I wanted to let everyone know what a great time we had last weekend at the Chattanooga Market. The Market is a beloved weekly tradition here in Chattanooga--it's the perfect place to catch up with friends, amble the aisles browsing local crafts, grab lunch, and pick up some fresh produce from area farmers.
Last Sunday, World Next Door was able to set up shop at The Market, thanks to sponsorship by La Paz de Dios, a local organization that provides resources for Chattanooga's Latino community. That day The Market was ablaze with color and rhythm as La Paz put on an all-out celebration of Latino culture: the food, music, and many of the crafts had a distinctly "south of the border" feel. Our booth was next door to a burrito booth; after smelling the sizzling tortillas for hours, I decided I needed to order a delicously cheesy and greasy burrito, even though I brought my lunch for the day.
My camera has been having serious issues, so I don't have pictures of World Next Door's booth, but Laurie of La Paz graciously sent me a few of her photos from the day.


In keeping with the day's Latino theme, we brought lots of items from countries like Guatemala. Here are a few of the things that we took to The Market:

Guatemalan worry dolls and worry doll hairbands



Hackey sacks

Thanks La Paz for a great day at The Market!

1 comment:

Paul Smith said...

It was great having you at the Market and Thank You for supporting La Paz de Dios.

Paul Smith
Chattanooga Market